Bag-n-Tag

This week we finished our robot and had our annual bag and tag ritual. We worked at NuVision until 11:59 Tuesday night. Many of us showed up in our pjs for a pizza and pajama party! Though the robot was finished our job is not yet completed. Our shooting mechanism and our programming was in need of some improvements. For the coming weeks until and after competition we will continue working on our second robot, in order to complete all the challenges to the best of our robot’s ability.

 

DSC_0648

Week 6 Update

Week 6 began with the completion of the second robot chassis that took into account issues with the first chassis. Programming finished coding for the robot. The vision processing  allowed for toggling between two USB cameras and the robot could auto align on the tower. The autonomous was fine tuned to fit the new robot, and all the errors were cleared from the teleop code. Some issues affecting the robot design were fixed like crossing under the low bar, and the motors scraping against the ground. Electrical team adjusted its electronics to fit a smaller space due to design constraints from the first chassis. After that, finishing touches were applied to any remaining issues. DSC_0049

Week 5 Update

During the fifth build week, Team SPORK finished a working version of the robot design. It was fully drivable, but was missing its final shooting mechanism, ball intake system, and arm. After taking what they learned from the first version, mechanical started production of a second robot to fix the mistakes from the original. Production began on the second robot while the shooting mechanism and ball intake systems were added to the original. The final concept of the arm was completed, with production beginning.

The programming team mapped out and began coding the autonomous portion of the program codes. They encountered minor setbacks with vision processing, but they were soon fixed. Vision processing was adapted to allow us to switch between two USB cameras.

The electrical team, with only a diminutive amount of room to work with, mapped out where the electronics will go in the little amount of space given. They then installed the electronics onto the first version of the robot.

The team is very excited (and somewhat relieved) to be nearing the end of build season!

DSC_0031 (1)

Week 4 Update

Thanks to our CAD team, the fabrication of our robot was good to go this week. Meetings at NuVision started becoming a daily thing in order to finish the fabrication work on the robot. Programming worked on tuning the vision processing, so that we could balance fps (frames per second) with pixel quality. More errors were knocked out of the robot code, especially some that stopped the robot from moving completely. Several prototypes for the shooting mechanism were designed and tested. After a bit of messing with the angle and distance we managed to get it to work with decent accuracy. Our Electrical team started planning out the block-diagram, and teaching rookies AutoCAD Electrical. The awards team finished the chairman’s submission and thanks to our business team and our website team, we got a donation box setup where we have already received money from gracious donors. An employee from Lowe’s visited during a Saturday meeting to help us out and is coming more often.

IMG_0193